Will turns 15
Will turned 15 on Saturday. He let me take his picture again (like last year) but he is still just as awkward during pictures as always. Hahaha. It was funny trying to get him to just be natural. I love this big kid. Mike and I were talking about how grateful we are that Will came first. He is not a perfect kid. That said, he is a very obedient, easy kid and that has continued on as a teen. I feel like the other kids take notes from Will. I think they see him be obedient and they just follow suit. It makes me really grateful. He doesn't need me as much and I already feel our relationship changing and shifting but that is normal, I think. Sometimes he says things like, "The majority of kids in my seminary class reported that they would never feel comfortable talking to their parents about serious or personal things. I just don't understand that." Sigh. It is a relief to know he feels this way. I hope he always feels safe talking to us. He also is a really grateful child. We asked him what he wanted to do on his birthday and what he wanted for dinner and he kept saying, "Oh, I feel like this is way too much. I don't need all of this." I said, "Will, it's your birthday and we are offering you your choice of dinner and choice of birthday dessert. That is okay to accept. I like that he doesn't expect things but I also would like him to know that he can ask for things, especially on his birthday.




































Comments