December Birthdays

These girls are the best.  I say this every year but I LOVE starting our holiday season off celebrating these two girls.  When I think about that first Christmas after Laila died and the heartbreak I felt, there seems to be something extra special to me about these two rainbow babies being celebrated the very first week of December.  That first year, I kept trying to focus on Christ and why we celebrate Christmas but it is all about a baby coming to earth and it felt bitter to me and I knew all the reasons for why it should make me feel so much joy and gratitude but I just kept coming back to the baby part and the part where my baby was no longer here.  Now, I start out each December celebrating two of my babies who bring me so much joy.  They are such a treasure to me and I am grateful I was blessed with two babies born at Christmas.  It feels so much more personal to me that my sweet baby died but I was blessed with two more at Christmas time.  So, I get to focus on the baby again and the why of Christmas.  

These two girls are are probably more different than two girls can be but they are the perfect little match.  I give most of the credit to Piper because she is four years older and has taken the responsibility of being the big sister to heart in a way that makes me so happy.  Watching her with Felicity and her selflessness and love makes me love her so much.  Felicity is good for Piper too.  She brings spice and joy into their relationship.  Piper is steady and responsible and somewhat timid at times and Felicity is the opposite most of the time so the two of them give and take in a perfect way.  I know their relationship will change as Piper gets older and the age gap will feel more significant but for now, they are the best of friends and I love it.  


























Comments

Popular Posts