More October
Guys, I've got to move on from October. I seriously need to make a goal to not get so far behind on this thing. It's hard to remember everything that happened that far back so it just ends up being pictures, which isn't a bad thing, I guess.
So, this post is Elitch Gardens, The Natural History Museum, and Halloween.
We got free tickets to Elitch because we participated in that commercial back in August. We tried to get to Elitch before it got cold but had a really busy month and couldn't get there until the last day it was open. I guess our Elitch trip happened November 1st, not in October, but close enough. It was cold enough that we didn't stay long. We stayed a few hours and split up. The boys and Mike went to the big rides and I stayed with the girls. It was all fine until Felicity started falling apart because she was so tired (this napping transition is a hard stage for toddlers!). I finally texted Mike and told him I needed help with her. We met up and he had her sleeping in his arms within five minutes. It's the Dad Effect. I decided to practice panning with my camera and some worked really well and some worked okay but it is such a fun effect to try.
The Natural History Museum is downtown (kind of on the edge of downtown). The kids all remember going when we lived in Colorado Springs. I was feeling kind of down that week and feeling anxious about life. I realized I was feeling this way and so I decided I needed to get us out of the house and have a field trip day. Will said, "Driving downtown with five kids to go to a packed museum you aren't really familiar with probably isn't the best idea when you are feeling down and anxious, Mom." I love that kid. I know it doesn't seem like the right choice but sometimes when I am in that mindset I just need to make myself do what scares me--Force myself to get out and do the thing that makes me uncomfortable. When I'm in that mindset, I often want to hide in my house and not be around people and that is often when I know I need it the most. We went, we had a good time, and my heart rate was raised the entire time. haha.
Halloween this year was so darn cold. We had just had a big snowstorm and there was still ice and snow all over the ground. We made a rule that the kids couldn't go trick-or-treating after they turned 12 but haven't stuck to that rule. I think this is the last year the older boys will go though. We let them come with us and went around the neighborhood. Not many people were out because it was so cold and we didn't stay out long either. Such a different experience than Florida last year.


















Comments