Tea party

There is a road behind the subdivision we lived in that is so quiet and windy.  In the summer the full trees create a magical green lane that leads to an old cemetery.  Just after the cemetery is a smaller road that leads off to the side.  It dead ends and is overgrown with moss and wild flowers and vines.  You can miss the magic if you aren't looking because the main road curves around and leads to a big open field on the right and the subdivision on the left.  I've been wanting to take photos on this quiet road every time I drive by.  Our move was quickly approaching and I knew I wouldn't have many opportunities left.  One morning Piper was outside having a tea party with the baby on the porch and I had a moment of inspiration.  I loaded her up in the car and drove to the overgrown road and set up her tea party and let her do her thing with her stuffed lamb with no direction from me.  I just snapped away while she played.  There was the time when she suddenly had to go pee and I looked around wondering what the heck I was going to do and then remembered that we just picked up toilet paper from the grocery store and it was still in the back of the van.  I held her dress while she crouched and went potty.  Toilet paper is biodegradable right?!  So, I guess the experience wasn't as magical as the pictures lead you to believe but it was a funny memory regardless.










Comments

Popular Posts