Myrtle Beach pictures

One of the dolphins we saw on our boat ride.

The man on this boat is crazy. He kept walking out on those long arms hanging over the side. The ship was rocking back and forth and the side would go so low in the water that even on the top of the arm his feet were almost in the water. This is where most of the dolphins hung out. They would follow the shrimp boats and eat any leftovers.
This picture isn't in order but this is from the Ripley's museum. It's just an example of some of the interesting things there. It is a picture made by writing the Gospel of St. John. They had pictures made of butterfly wings, and spider webs, etc.


Here we are on the boat during the dolphin watching.



We really enjoyed the Ripley's attractions. We went to the museum, the moving theater, and the house of horrors. The museum was very cool. They had some really gross things in there and some really interesting things there. The moving theater was a little disappointing but was still pretty cool. You sit in these seats and strap the lap belt on and then the movie goes while you move with the movie. Imagine watching a movie during a rollercoaster. It was really short and a bit jerky but fun. The house of horrors was fun. A family with three little kids went through with us and the youngest was really freaked out and the mom was screaming and I admit, it scared me at times too. We made Mike lead the way so he got to prepare us for all the scary stuff. I don't think I've ever been in a haunted house. It was fun.

We went for a walk on the beach the the night before we came home. It was so nice and relaxing. I love just listening to the waves, holding hands with my hubby, and strolling along the beach. We also found some shells for the boys. Will had a shell the week before that he kept saying was his "pet shell" and he named the shell "shelly." The shell was fated for death however, when Will accidently dropped it and it shattered into pieces. He was devastated and cried for quite awhile. We promised him we'd get him another "pet shell."





Comments

Dave and Tana said…
I love Myrtle Beach! I have been there just about every year since my birth! Such a fun place! Love the pictures...looked like a blast- Tana
Tana, I just checked out the pictures on your blog. Love the skiing and wakeboarding (or surfboarding?). Dave looks like a pro. I have only been skiing once. It was really fun but I'm afraid of the water so it was scary too. I'm so glad we got to see you guys in Ohio. Thank you for waiting for us. We just love you both!

Popular Posts