Would Baby Jesus be offended?

Last night was the ward Christmas party. I was excited about the Nativity put on by the Primary because Isaac was going to be a lamb and Will was going to be the star--our first performance by our children. Last Sunday Will ran up to me when they were practicing in the cultural hall looking so concerned. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I don't know how to be a star." He was so worried and his dance teacher (she is in our ward) and her daughter (also a dancer) told him to spread his arms and legs out wide to be a star. So he talked all week long about being a star. Isaac had no idea what was going on so he didn't care.

The time for the Nativity came and we went behind the stage to take the boys up and help them get their costumes on. Isaac, was an adorable lamb. I didn't bring my camera but he was so cute I'm making the girl that made his costume bring it to my house so I can take a picture of him to post on here later.

Will had a chair behind all the kids to stand on and they came to give him his star to wear over his head like a necklace. He said, "No, I'm going to be a star like this." and then proceeded to put his arms and legs out wide. They told him he could do that but asked if he would wear the star too. He refused. Mike said he would stand to the side of the curtain where no one would see him and hold the star over Will's head. Will was still moping but he agreed to that plan. Then the girls leading the Nativity realized that they were on angel costume short and since Will didn't want to wear the star they asked if one of the girl's could hold the star next to him. He refused. He said he didn't want to be on the stage anymore. After begging him we decided that if he didn't want to we weren't going to make him. The minute we left the stage he decided that yes, he did want to go back up. But he still refused to be the star.

The Nativity was great. Isaac was more interested in the lighted tree next to him than anything else (his little friend was about as interested in performing as Isaac; she was running across the stage waving to her parents). Will, however, stole the show. He sat on the chair picking his nose the entire time. I was a proud momma.

Comments

Dad and Mom said…
Grandpa wants to know if he ate it or just picked it??? We are all proud!!
Unfortunately, it is a connected, smooth motion from nose to mouth every time. Like someone who's had the same password for a long time just types without interruption, so is Will's finger from his nose to his mouth.
Marcy said…
a genuine LOL!
Amy E said…
How funny! My niece used to do things like that all the time and my sis-in-law would say "what a proud moment" like you. One day, the niece went to her mom and said "I'm a proud moment, mom!!" haha...she and will sound very alike. Merry Christmas!!
chelsey said…
LOVE IT! I needed the laugh today. Thanks! Nice description of the nose to mouth connection! EWWE!
Papa Doc said…
I can hardly type because I'm laughing so hard! Oh how I need laughter in my life. Thanks for constantly providing it.
Yum.
You might want to teach Will a new song that Ammon learned from the respiratory therapist yesterday:
"I like to kiss my honey
When her nose is wet and runny.
Some people think it's funny
But it snot."
This is a play waiting to be written.
Mom
Carolina said…
It sounds like the Christmas pageant was just as it should be!
Jess and Jen said…
That sounds like a fun night! About a month ago Lauren was picking her nose, so I told her stop. She told me "NO!" then she picked her nose, put her finger in her mouth then very dramatically pulled it out and smiled right at me. Sheesh!
Lisa said…
HAHAH!! That is so great!! There's always someone who steals the show. You should definitely be proud it was your son. :) Heidi picks her nose and eats it too...but thankfully, she is growing out of the habit. So don't worry, there's hope. :)

Popular Posts