Finally, an update

I started my baby carriage blog so that I could record any ideas I had used with the boys or thoughts I had regarding marriage and families. But, it is just too hard to keep up both blogs. The last time I posted on that blog was in March. Anyway, I finally posted a few things. You can check it out if you want. I will try to updated it a little more frequently but I can't promise anything.

Some funny things happened yesterday and this morning that I wanted to remember. Last night we ran to the commissary really fast to pick up a few things. It was frigid! Isaac had his hands all balled up and I thought he was just really cold. All the sudden I felt his little hands in my pockets and he said, "Mommy, here are my pterodactyls. They are cold. They need to be in your pockets. Then he and Will proceeded to fill my pockets up with their pretend cows, cockroaches, and caterpillars so that they could stay warm in my pant pockets.

The boys run around our house all day and ask me to feel their muscles and tell me they are exercising so they will be healthy and strong. This morning I decided to make the boys a fun breakfast treat and made them cinnamon toast like my mom used to make for us some mornings. Will was eating his toast and said, "Mommy, there is a lot of sugar on this bread. Lot's of sugar is not healthy for me and my body is not going to be strong now. I don't think we should eat these anymore." Of course he proceeded to finish his toast and half of another one. I just had to smile because I realize that even if I'm only losing weight at a snails pace, at least my boys are learning about keeping their bodies healthy.

Comments

chelsey said…
That's just about the sweetest thing I've heard! What a great memory to have of the boys filling your warm pockets with their "dinosaurs" and such!
Jess and Jason said…
I love both of those stories. What nice boys to want to protect their little (pretend) friends.

And that is the best thing you can teach those boys is that they need to take care of their bodies and be healthy. If only more children were taught that when they were young...

Popular Posts