10 things I love

My sister tagged me to write 10 things I love. So, here's the list.

1. I love Mike. The last few days I have fallen in love with him even more than I already had because of a personal sacrifice has has made for me. I am reminded that I am so blessed to have a husband that loves God, has great faith, and loves me so much that he is willing to put his desires aside to help me through a difficult time.

2. I love these boys. We all have new nicknames: Dubbsalicious, Ice-man, Nija the ninja, Moon-car, and Nukester. It started out as a joke on one of our walks to make the boys laugh but they walk around the house all day calling everyone by their names.

3. I love the Internet. I could easily do without the TV. I would feel totally disconnected to everyone and everything without the Internet.


4. I love being outside on a cool, sunny day.

5. I love when I'm working out and sweat drips off my elbows. I know it is disgusting. But it is at that point that I forget I am 40, 40! pounds bigger than I was in college. That's about 13 pounds a baby. As I wipe the sweat off my elbows I imagine that scene in Chariots of Fire where everything is slow motion and he's the greatest athlete in the world. Love it. It just doesn't matter how much weight I've put on in the last five years. All that matters is that I'm working out hard and loving it and getting healthier in the process.

6. I love painting. It's been a long time since I've painted but I still love the feeling of creating something beautiful.

7. I love beating Mike in games, except it's only happened about once in five years, so maybe I love the idea of beating Mike in games.

8. I love dreaming about all the fun places we will go as a couple or as a family in the future. I hope it won't always be dreaming but in the meantime...

9. I love when Mike and the boys buy me flowers for my flower garden every year on Mother's day.

10. I love when Mike makes his cinnamon rolls. mmmm....so good. I should post the recipe.

I tag Ali Walston, Cherstin Hamblin, Chersten Wright (sorry, I just remembered you tagged me awhile ago), Marcy, and Amy Rowbury.

Comments

Carolina said…
Isn't beating a spouse during a game super satisfying? I don't know what that says about my personality, but it's true!
rachwheel said…
Hi Adrianne,
We may just run into each other eventually. I mean, between the Church and military, it's a very small world.
We'll be here in Dayton, OH for three years, then onto NM for three years for a lab, then to Colorado Springs, where Dan will also teach at the Academy. So, there you go. We most likely will see each other eventually.
Steff said…
8. I love dreaming of all the things we will do "someday". Even if it never happens, it's nice to have hope and it's fun to imagine. :)

10. Yes, please share the recipe!

Popular Posts