Hitachi Seaside Park


I've thought a lot about my last post and my feelings about Mike not getting the job.  As I said, getting the job was unlikely and both outcomes held an equally long list of positives and negatives.  I think our reasons for wanting to stay in large part center around the kids.  I am enjoying the experiences I have had here and the people I've met but like I said, it's stretched me in so many ways.  For the kids, they really like it here.  They are really happy at school and at church.  They just got jobs as bus monitors and enjoy the various clubs and classes they can take.  While homeschool was the right choice for us for the six years we did it, this is the right choice for them now.  I don't want to move them from a situation that they are comfortable and happy with.  I think I assumed that if we moved they would make more friends and have other experiences (like getting a drivers license) that would make up for some of the things they were leaving behind.  They are all happy to get more time here so I am happy for them.  I also realize that looking back is not the way I want to live my life.  We are here now and if I keep thinking about what I am missing, it will be harder to appreciate what I have.  This week, as I read the Come Follow Me chapters, I felt like I could identify in many ways with the children of Israel and that makes me feel uncomfortable.  I don't want to lack perspective or trust in God and His plan for me and our family and if He wants us to stay, I need to remember all the help I've received thus far in making a life here.  I don't want to wander in a wilderness, thinking about what was left behind and about all the hard things I have to do.  So, I'll keep planning adventures, and do the uncomfortable things.

Hitachi Seaside Park is a place I've wanted to go since we moved here.  In the Fall, they plant these weird Dr. Seuss like shrubs that turn bright red and then brown.  I wasn't able to go in the Fall so when my friend invited me to go in the Spring, I was really excited to go.  In the Spring, they plant fields of tulips, daffodils, and Nemophila.  It is breathtaking.  Like so much of what I see in Tokyo, people watching are my favorite part.  I especially enjoyed all the dog photoshoots.  The weather was gorgeous and it was great company.  I kept thinking the entire time, "Mom would love this."






































 

Comments

Popular Posts