Halloween

This year the older boys were not going to go trick-or-treating since they are 12 and 13.  They requested a scary movie party instead.  They invited their friends over and we had Halloween themed food and they watched a scary movie.  Easy peasy party.  On Halloween day we were carving pumpkins with some homeschool friends and their mom asked if our boys could go around the neighborhood with her boys so I said yes.  I took the little girls and Eli joined the big boys. Our neighborhood is a great one--not too busy and so much candy because there aren't a lot of kids so everyone wants to get rid of their candy.  The girls were done walking and the boys wanted to keep going so they piled in the van and I drove them a few more roads.  We ended up getting pulled over right as we were finishing up though.  Haha.  The police man was very nice but reminded me to be careful and sent us on our way.  We were going maybe 5 mph if even that and most everyone was done trick-or-treating (it was about 8 PM) but I had let the boys sit in the van with the trunk door up and the side doors open for easy jumping out and getting back in.  I mean, this kind of thing would never happen if Mike were around.  He's the safe one of the two of us and I'm sure he would never had let the kids ride in the van with the doors open.  Oh well.  It was a funny memory and I think the police man was kind of like, "I have to do this because it's my job..." No one was hurt in the process and we live in a very quiet neighborhood with few kids out trick-or-treating.  














Comments

Popular Posts