Day 2. Opal Beach

Day 2 was a beach day.  I dropped Mike off at work and then came back and got the kids and loaded up the car.  We drove 45 mins to Gulf Shore National Seashore/Opal Beach.  It was amazing.  I've heard about the gulf beaches and it did not disappoint.  The water was the most beautiful aqua color and the sand was like powdered sugar.  It was so soft and beautiful and so easy to get off your body.  The waves were small and the water was so calm.  We saw a sting ray and pelicans.  In fact, the pelicans didn't even seem to care about us and just plopped down in the water right by Piper like it was not big deal.  We met my Aunt Liz there and her husband Brian and spent over two hours playing and talking.  I could have stayed longer but the kids were getting hungry and it was getting close to nap time so we hugged my Aunt and headed back to the resort.  On the way home I saw this cute little shaved ice place on the side of the road so we stopped and got a treat.  It was perfect.  Felicity took a nap, the boys watched some TV and I think I even took a little nap myself.  I picked up Mike from work and then after dinner he played a board game with the boys.  















Comments

Popular Posts