Easter

Mike asked me to speak on Easter Sunday.  I had such a hard time preparing the talk.  Talks don't always come easy for me but this one was bad.  I don't know what was wrong but I just could not figure out how to give the talk.  I literally wrote five versions of the talk and finally just decided to be done.  It was a great way for me to keep the Atonement of the Savior front and center in my mind though so I was grateful for that.  Mike also got released on Easter.  They released him and then he came and sat with us and then I had to get up and speak so we got a few minutes to sit next to each other.  It is so nice to have him back with us again.  It actually feels weird to have him sitting in the pew next to us.  This past week the baby was fussy so he took her out and walked with her for the majority of Sacrament and it was great and weird at the same time!

I forgot about dying eggs until the day before.  We didn't get around to dying them until Sunday after church.  We tried to read from the scriptures each night leading up to Easter a reference from the Savior's last week of life.  We also watched the videos the church released.  We decided to ask the Easter bunny to come on Monday instead of Sunday so we could keep things a little separate.  I think it was 11 at night and we were getting ready for bed when we suddenly remembered that the Easter bunny was supposed to be coming so we scrambled and filled a few eggs, dumped some candy and few other things in a basket (we do one combined basket) and hid the eggs in the yard.  









Comments

Popular Posts